This is about types of conveyor belt in case of conveying bulk objects.
Types of conveyor belt differ according to angles of slope during conveying. There are mainly four reference angles as the followings and all of them are for rubber conveyor belt with ship bottom shapes. These angles are rough criterions and may be different according to type and amount of conveyed object.
1) Flat belt about 0 – 18 degrees
2) Belt with cross bar (V-shaped) about 18 – 22 degrees
3) Belt with fins (climber) about 22 – 45 degrees
4) Flexible belt about 45 – 90 degrees
1) Flat belt:about 0 – 18 degrees
There is no special process for this belt and surface is flat.
2) Belt with cross bar (V-shaped, center gathering) : about 18 – 22 degrees
V-shaped cross bars (protrusions) are attached on the upper surface of belt and objects are conveyed by being caught on the cross bars.
3) Belt with fins (climber) : about 22 – 45 degrees
Triangular fins are attached on the upper surface of belt and objects are conveyed by being caught on the cross bars.
4) Flexible belt : about 45 – 90 degrees
Flexible belt had cross bars (sideways cross bars) attached sideways to the moving direction. In addition, wave shaped cross bars (waved cross bars) are attached to left and right side of the belts. Objects are put in the space surrounded by these cross bars and conveyed. Shapes of the sideways cross bars differ depends on conveying angles. Especially in the case of vertical transport, top part of the sideways cross bars is vended to the moving direction.
The picture below is about belt with cross bar (V-shaped, center gathering)
|Dryer KENKI DRYER||https://kenkidryer.com|